Settings for email clients
|Password:||Use the email account’s password.|
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.
- IMAP is the way to go if you want your email synced over multiple devices. POP3 will not work for this.
- IMAP email access coordinates between the server and your mail application. Messages that have been read/deleted/replied to will show up as such, both on the server and in the mail application.
- POP3 does not coordinate with the server. Messages marked as read/deleted/replied to in the mail application will not show up as such on the server. This means that future mail downloads with POP3 will show all messages as unread.
- Outgoing mail is sent using SMTP.
- We recommend using IMAP over SSL/TLS since they provide increased security for your interactions with the remote mail server.